Saturday, April 10, 2010

Trying a new craft....Paper Cutting

Received the latest issue of my most favourite magazine 'Inside Out' the other day and with it came a beautiful limited edition tea towel with a gorgeous design created by Papercutting Artist Rob Ryan. After reading the article about him in the magazine I decided to do a bit more research online and I have to say I am completely blown away by his work!

Being a person who is mad about using paper & blade (I create paper piecings) this style of art really appealed to me. So I thought I would give it a try.

So yesterday afternoon I had a go at making one of Rob Ryans pieces. A beautiful heart filled with flowers, butterflies, & birds.
It was very exciting to see it all coming together as I cut more and more of the paper away. Unfortunately, as it was just a practice piece, the paper I used wasn't good quality and my blades were also not up to the job (I'm buying myself some surgical blades today). But, even so, I was still impressed with how it turned out.

Anyway, here is my attempt...

2 comments:

  1. First attempt? Wow...it looks wonderful. I can't wait to see your original designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Carrie. :o)
    I've been working on design when I have a bit of spare time but I need to buy myself some good quality blades before I get started on cutting it out...which hopefully will be very soon as I'm itching to get going! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment :o)