Sunday, October 24, 2010

Zentangle

Well it turns out the doodling that I used to do when I was a late teen actually has a name...'Zentangle'. I never knew until yesterday when a friend posted a link about it...which of course inspired me to get busy with pen on paper for the rest of the afternoon! The first time I've done one of these in over 20 years! Made me feel like I was a teenager again! Also made me go quite cross-eyed trying to focus on the designs I was doing!! lol
Anyway, here it is...my first 'Zentangle' since I was a kid..and I've already got the next one started.
They look quite effective don't they.

5 comments:

  1. I clicked on this to see it larger, you are gifted at doodling! Absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Tammie Lee ♥
    But speaking of being gifted!..I think that would be YOU!! Your photographs are absolutely stunning!!! My daughter wants to get into photography when she leaves school and I'm definitely going to show her your blog. Talk about inspiring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You are a great artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful doodle, er I mean Zentangle ( love that word).
    Thank you for joining us in the burrow! I see you are very interested in paper-cutting, have you ever tried painted paper cutting? Check out my website and take a look at some of the scherenschnitte, you may want to give it a try! www.jerilanders.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Michelle for your very kind comment. I wish I was a great artist!! lol Maybe one day..if I make enough time and keep at it!
    Thanks too Jeri for your kind words. I had a good look at your blog the other day and your scherenschnitte work is beautiful! I love how you paint them...they really come alive don't they.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment :o)