Thursday, September 6, 2012

Kimono girl

My daughter leaves for a month long trip to Japan this weekend. I'm so excited for her but I'm going to miss her like crazy whilst she's away. :(

She of course can't wait to get there! She's going to have such a wonderful time.
The last week she's there will be spent doing all of the touristy stuff, but before that, she'll be living with a Japanese family.
My 2nd eldest son has already done the trip and absolutely fell in love with Japan and it's people.

One of the things we did last time, and which we are doing again this time, is sending thank you gifts for the family. Items like a photobook (of where we live, our family, etc), typical Aussie souvenirs, ornaments, and other such things. But I decided that this time I was also going to make a painting for our Japanese family...and here it is.
Kimono Girl - Mixed media on cradled wood panel
It makes me think of what my daughter is maybe going to experience whilst she is over there. I can't wait to see all of the photos!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :o)